Many thanks to Matt and Kristy for their help and hosting and taking many awesome images (I think all but one linked here) 🙂

And so then in character I got to Shoot All The Things! Bounty Hunters, can’t take them anywhere:

For Balmorra and Belsavis! That is the famous Roxy. So glorious.

And met amazing people:

And stormed the Rebels:

Took over the Imperials:

Took a taxi, er, speeder to Endor:

And eventually was caught and repackaged:

More people shared on Facebook but it is being a pain to deal with but I have been able to get a few shared to my page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michaela-de-Bruce

though they are intersperced with a few rants about the flights back and other projects 🙂

I still need to harvest in progress photos from a few cameras so will try and do a progress update.

I have just bought more material to redo the chest and back plates, saving up for replacement bodysuit too 🙂

Oh and in case you didn’t notice, it’s pretty fun in Shae’s shoes. So much fun. Except in the Marriott elevators.

IMG_7831m by Matt & Kristy on Flickr.

Recharge and reload! All my Bounty Hunter homies will recognise this! (but we are apparently all left handed in game. Or ambidextrous).

Today I get to glue and hammer snaps into my armour and strapping. Kind of terrified. I may also get sanding and painting the very last of my props.

Above is my costume laid out, minus pressure hose, bodysuit, boots, gloves, balaclava. The light up parts are actually reflective tape as I am unwilling to travel with eletronics other than obviously camera.phone/computer related.

There may be a photo or two to update between now and flying out but probably not.


neimhaille:

pseudicide:

Shaak Ti!

That’s me 😉  you beat me to tumblr! 

Wow, that kinda blew up in a matter of a few hours 😉

So yeah, no photoshopping of the paint here, you can see where it came off under my arm and the uneveness of the legs. but for a transluscent PAX not bad…

I had to do this paint work after a flight from Auckland to Australia, where we had a two hour wait for luggage/security (four international planes landed at once), then a two hour cab ride to the hotel we were told we were staying at, and weren’t. So we had a fun time wrangling a room and sorting out luggage for the next day.

PAX doesn’t dry fast so I had to paint in patches then join them up after. I think it was three hours that night then an hour the next morning for the base red and then another two or three applying th bald cap and doing the white stuff. The headpiece can pop right off if I plan the akul tooth headpiece properly.

The only paint not applied by me was a second layer in  between my shoulderblades. Yes. I am very bendy and I did manage to paint that area just not as well as the rest.

I have Latona’s Inks for my legs and underarms now, Reel Creations for the rest and some NZ made airbrush ink for the face.

And yes. I may well be stuffing this all into my luggage for Celebraton 6 and Dragon*Con if I can wrangle my Shae Vizla armour and Slave Leia bikini into and around them. My new headpiece is very strong and will stand up to being folded up in luggage for a day. But it will be a very last minute pack to make sure there is no permanent damage.

So basically not this costume at all as I have replaced pretty much everything… But that original headpiece might be at D*C

 
 

galactic-basic:

Fan Girl Friday arrives thanks too Glittersweet and her amazing Shae Vizla Costume, featuring almost 100% original parts, hand crafted expertly by herself, excellent work!

check out more of glittersweet’s work on her personal website and her Deviantart

Oh hey, that’s me 🙂 And I have to say the butt shot was a total joke between myself and the photographer- I don’t really do gratuitous shots but I am an incorrigible butt dancer and had been doing one and well… it was a convention and I was hopped on sugar.

Many thanks to Catherine Scholtz (photos 1 and 3), Ange (butt shot) and Sylvie (photos 2 and 5) for the artistry behind the lense 🙂

Most is scratch built (direct modeled in fibreglass or sculpted molded and cast) some is from found parts destroyed and reassembled. The only pieces not made in this way were the wig (custom dyed) and boots (it depends on how well I can walk as to what footwear I use 🙂 ). Yeah, forgot to mention I’ve got a degenerative disease that affects my joints and soft tissue (and on ocasion internal organs) so it’s just that little bit hard to actually make stuff. But it’s my bliss, my addiction of choice 🙂

Currently upgrading the costume to be crisper in detail. And light up 🙂 Slowly saving for Celebration 6 and Dragon Con incidentals as well as the last of the resin and paints and electronics so I can take this costume with me 🙂

Oh and to see the process behind this costume I have a thread on SWNZ and other places (tdh, therpf, mando mercs) but I’m a proud kiwi so go look there 😉