Year finished: 2004
To Do: embroidery, maybe
Updates since last photo: n/a
Inspiration: portrait and sketch by Hans Holbein
My first, and last, entirely handsewn project.
I used the pattern from my kampfrau dress as a base and converted the shoulder straps to make the gown entirely off the shoulder. If I do ever add in embroidery I might have to reshape the sleeves to sit even further off.
I was not quite secure in my garment fit to go as far off the shoulder as I really could have.
I am not likely to be able to do too much embroidery but I did chart the neckline embroidery.
After a house fire this dress was heavily affected. There were both soot and singe marks that I needed to clean.
The hembd was simply a cotton voille and I used a raglan construction. I find hembder that come right up to my neck very uncomfortable so would redo that as a goller instead.