I did this on tumblr I believe a few years back, but why not update!!!! Keeping both terms in because I've always had a love of theatrical costume and that is the ultimate form of "cosplay" for me as a performer 🙂
1. Your first cosplay/costume.
The very first costume componant I ever remember making was a witches hat from cardboard with my mum before I was 7. I know it was at McBride St because I remember the interior, and we were not there for long. But I really really remember my first lesson in making dimensional elements.
I knew that a triangle wouldn't make the cone.
The next was an olympic medal (I am going to count all costume related items!) where I learnt how to make multiple twists before i learnt how to plait (also I wanted the two tone look not the three strand).
I designed heaps during these single digit age years, so my first actual costume was for a singing competition 🙂
In 1994 I sand Wishing and made a stand in dress. I have but one photo of it, but I found all the parts so will wash them all free of soot as a "before I really knew the rules" ensemble.
I extended a princess seam dress, fabric was a satin twill and I made a collar and guards of velvet. So that was fun to sew!
First costume in public was Eowyn's white dress in 2002. Very end, pretty sure it was just before release so I was working soley with the images that came out before.
2. How many costumes have you done?
3. Your most recent cosplay.
4. Your cosplay communities, where do you go to talk about cosplay?
5. Blatant self plug! Link us to your cosplay page, be it dA, ACP, Coscom, whatever!
6. Your favourite cosplay (that you have done)
7. The character you have cosplayed that is most similar to you (if none that you have cosplayed, then one that you will cosplay)
8. Your cosplay plans for the rest of the year (if you have no more for this year, then do next year!)
9. The dream cosplay that might just happen
10. The dream cosplay that will never happen
11. Something cosplay-related that you will never do (eg. crossplay, cosplay from a certain series)
12. Your cosplay idol.
13. Your cosplay specialty (ie. something that seems to apply to a large amount of your cosplays, it could be a specific series, or a common feature in their appearance, such as glasses)
14. Your cosplay-making habits (eg. singing while working on cosplay)
15. Your least favourite thing about cosplay
16. Do you belong to any cosplay groups? If so, what are they?
17. What events have you cosplayed to?
18. What is your best cosplay memory?
19. What is your worst cosplay memory?
20. Have you won any cosplay awards?
21. Show us your best cosplay derp photo!
22. Have you worn cosplay in a regular situation? (eg. at school, to work)
23. Your most expensive cosplay
24. Your most comfortable cosplay and most uncomfortable cosplay
25. The cosplay you put the most effort into
26. Any unfinished costumes? Will you ever finish them?
27. How many wigs do you own? Which is your favourite?
28. Where do you work on your cosplays and where do you store them when they’re done?
29. What is your favourite cosplay item? (eg. a pair of shoes, a wig)
30. Describe cosplay in three words. No more, no less.