I have decided on a Rococo theme for my birthday as an excuse to wear my Marie Antoinette Rocket Gown because a picnic in a pretty garden sounds perfect 🙂 So I need all the undergarments and I also need to test the pattern for the swag drapes 🙂

To do this I’m finally starting to use a stash of about 14 metres of of a shot freen and white mystery fabric. The colour it looks in warm light wis qtute silvery and in cool like quite dull aqua. It handles like cotton but feels like a bast fibre. So it may well be a mix. But it is totally perfect for a 2m wide petticoat and ruffles that I need for this frock!

So I’ll grab photos as I promised to share how I make my tubular wonder skirts (they can be used for paniers, a bell shaped rin, and even a bustle!

It’s very simple but a really good stable 🙂

These will need to be twice the size I normally make them of course..

And I also have glue to see if I can also do some more work on Ahsoka.

And then see about how to cut this lace into strips of a good size. So first, to the printer! I need a reference image or two if I’m going to work on this away from my comp 🙂


I figured I should work on projects where I already have materials for a bit 🙂 Also I do need to make a modern-ish set of stays to be able to wear the frock. And that will mean boning past the waist and controlled on the hips. So probably a gored hip with a bit of bust shaping given this is the shape of the original.


So basically this. Which is from the film 🙂 I know the plain piece on the lower back is acting more like a plackard but I’m going to make mine in two pieces, waist through control and a skirt of padded tabs to tack on. It gives me a lot of room to wear this under the Wilting Flower costume for instance and maybe even a Glinda if I decide to go that route again with my epic amount of bubble fabric.

So ideally ballet pink.

not secret project progress

I’ve been inspired to remake some older projects. I have not really gotten over my darling Boo passing so fast and so cruelly, and it has reflected in hesitation and putting off personal projects. Health obviously has played a part with fatigue being ever so much worse in the last two years (compounded by not being able to play catch up with the whole breaking a rib and having full flu in the same year.)

So emotionally and physically I’ve fallen far behind what I would like to be up to even beyond current expectations.

I really wanted to reuse all my parts of my previous costume, but I have had to pretty much stick with collecting the useable sparklies to sneak in, and the foundation of the hearts.

I haven’t tested the bodice with boning yet, but I had to extend up under the arms a little more than expected, so that has played a part. I also will need to get some stretch fusible to disguide shaping seams again but that’s okay too 🙂

I seem to have also lost all progress photos and all reference images of the costume. Slightly difficult to sort and figure out. I think it may have been part of moving folders and losing some. I did find my old references site pages so could go through them, and I also have my own copy of the magazine it appeared in.

I have also been within inches of part of the real deal 🙂 Slightly not sure if it was as thee is a background costume that looks like a prototype 🙂

But seriously, might have to dig through my photobucket account to find anything!



I may not have an event but I just plotted the idealised layout of a fair amount of diamantes. At least 8 different kinds, plus three kinds of heat set. Oh and then there are the flat sew on. okay.

But it’s just kind of fun to think about.

Though unpicking a whole lot of work is not. But it’s been tarnished through exposure (made pre-fire) and so may as well be so I can use the base pieces. Just as I’m going to sneak some of the work back in as well as hopefully use the original corset lining.

So  there’s that.

Going to see if I can tint some trimming for Elissa. There are three shades to the wide stuff, and while I can’t tone back the darker I can boost the lighter.