elsa cape dye success!

ELSA CAPE DYE SUCCESS!

by admin, January 30, 2015

 

Confession, the old colour looked way too deep in shadow so I removed the colour. But the fabric went a blotchy silver with a few blue patches. So to the shame pile it went.
I finally used a tiny tiny tiny amount of turquoise iDye poly on the dress (to brighten the hem mainly) and that went well so I topped up with enough blue to dye the cape and basically use the turquoise and green (released from the hem) to knock the purple out of the dye.
Voila! The wind also kicked up beautifully.
Just never ask me to iron crystalline tulle ever again. Ever.
Ever.

elsa :)

ELSA 🙂

by admin, January 5, 2015

Cape will be replaced, the shirt screen printed (sequins rat up the plait!!!!) And I am kicking myself I didn’t put horsehair braid along the top edge like I wanted. The colours are fairly true though 🙂 My dress is baby blue in one direction, turquoise in another and the cape is a very true turquoise. Definitely using my experience with the

I’ll also definitely need to put in an elastic stay at the waist- the bodice slips down due to several factors- none of which I want to alter too much.

But so many children just randomly made happy, or shy, or both!

ELSA SHIRT SEQUINS

ELSA SHIRT SEQUINS

by admin, January 2, 2015

 

Off centre but this was the first pass. Tomorrow is when I hope to sew like the wind 🙂

I’ve been distracting meself as I am worried about it all. So I’ll pin the zip in so tomorrow can be all machine and a little handsewing.

elsa- the basic dress is nearly there :)

ELSA- THE BASIC DRESS IS NEARLY THERE 🙂

by admin, January 1, 2015

The dress as of a few hours ago after a ridiculous “tidy”. Wherein I actually start splashing latex and realising I can’t sew pretty stuff with magenta latex uncured around the place….P

Possible the most true to life ombre effect.

The cape print is slightly off and so too was the cutting- but it needed trimming to size anyway, just sad to lose that lovely leading edge (closest to my toes (hello little crooked toes- this is why I never did pointe! Check out the difference in toe sizes!)

And then I painted the new hem 🙂

Whoops! That’ll need waterblasting…

 

ELSA LIVEBLOGGING FOR THE NEW YEAR!

ELSA LIVEBLOGGING FOR THE NEW YEAR!

by admin, December 31, 2014

I managed to start working with latex again for others but I’ve had a Bellini so now it’s my own work 🙂
Starting with…. Bodysuit snaps!

This will be interesting….

NO MORE LIVEBLOGGING

NO MORE LIVEBLOGGING

by admin, December 31, 2014

It is 2 hours until 2015 .

 

Anyway.

Elsa raglan sleeve shape is basted on one side, Eddie Izzard is still on tv, okay our collection, and I really am now going to bed. Tested the dress, got a goood metal zip to tint but it is strong and brilliant.

But sleep.

 

SNAP SANP SNAP

SNAP SNAP SNAP

by admin, December 31, 2014

Basically I need to test the bodice and it is easiest as a bodysuit so I don’t over stretch the neckline.

 

Next side! I also nee to take the leg seams in a bit- will overlock and bind at the same time.