- Place of origin: Spitalfields (textile, weaving) England (mantua, sewing)
- Date: ca. 1720 (weaving) 1720-1730 (sewing)
- Artist/Maker: Unknown
- Materials and Techniques: Silk, silk thread, silver-gilt thread; hand-woven brocading, hand-sewn.
- Museum number: T.88 to C-1978
- Gallery location: In Storage
- Interactive full views
I am not sure if the petticoat and front are original, if they are it’s a lovely example of a non matching set. There are a handful of these early mantua that are extant. The very delicate colour choices of pale blue and silver would have made this stand out in candlelight.