long time no post!

it usually means I have been away πŸ™‚ And I was πŸ™‚ For Children’s Day it was a day of Elsa-ing it up for Hamilton, then Sunday helping the Rebel Legion and 501st at Frankton Thunder- a huge fundraising event for Child Cancer Foundation πŸ™‚

Got to play Wookie hairstylist and it was fun πŸ™‚ So today has been spent fixing my Leia wig so it can be multipurpose πŸ™‚ both required silicon conditioning and it’s lasted very well for Leia! Today was putting some wefts back in πŸ™‚

I started by thinning out some of the excess wefts at the top of the head- most wigs do this! It’s because it is easier to sew the wefts on theΒ solid ground than the elasticated straps at the back. Even when wigs are sewn in the correct order. SoΒ it is a time saving/cost saving device. But it makes it almst impossible to style a wig and have the wig sit flat. I took out about 1/3 of these.

But this is what I was faced with when I started the part down the back. That diagonal weft makes a big mess of my neatly calculated volume for each side so I spent a day inpicking the left side and restitching. To those thin elastic straps.

What I also did was to thin the sides out completely over the power net sections, back that with more lace and sew a smaller number of wefts back in.

Next step is to stitch the long wefts from a second wig to toupee grips so the wig can be worn in any style. I had stitched the wefts to the sides but that would make the wig not at all alterable πŸ˜‰

Please feel free to use your prefered social media to comment :)

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.