I learned so many things testing out my asari headpiece today.
- I really should have put on makeup for these photos. (My skin is reacting to the spirit gum/”woah eff what is this” reaction)
- Asari can’t wear glasses. I literally can’t put them on my head properly, it’s awesome.
- Asari look cool with ‘cigs’ (aka lolipop sticks)
- It takes me an hour to put it on the first time (wrong) and 20 minutes the second time (properly).
- I can’t hear a damn thing, haha. It’s like living in a fish/cloth-laundry-basket combo.
- It is actually really comfortable. Like a soft latex tight blanket thing.
- I can totally wear it for a long time.
- I reaaaally need to paint some colour on this thing.
- I reaaaally need to get some body paint.
- I reaaaally need to get some contacts.
- I have really thick eyebrows.
- I’m gonna look so cute. c:
- OH GOD MY EAR ITCHES AND I CAN’T SCRATCH IT.
- I have to turn myself sideways in order to drink and sit on a chair at the same time.
- Hurts like hell trying to take it off.
- Face and ears are fine with spirit gum.
- Neck is not.
Oh my gosh, how’d you get this? I need one like, really badly.
I ordered it from Satine on cosplay.com.
There is actually a whole Mass Effect subforum there with a lot of tutorials to make them too. c:
i love seeing mdb’s headpieces turn up! nz AND mass effect rep! u///u
Aiee! yep 🙂 Them be from my molds 🙂 I was 8this* close to not beng able to bring my own Liara to D*C but I decided to sacrifice my Dress of Bling (it takes more than half my luggage space….) to be able to bring her as well as Shae and a few saller costumes 🙂 I said I’d finish Mystique too 🙂
So yes. I would recommend PA. it is a biatch to remove but it holds well is not stingy going on and should hold up to even marching in the D* parade. We should have an Asari group march…..
Anyway. PA with a *lot* of isopropyl myristate. Also do not use Latona’s on the face… but Reel Creations and most other AA paint is okay.
Sigh, I need to get the WellyGeddon notes properly written up!
I’ve been distracted from Asari casting and writing by fraking the eff out over my trip to Celebration and D*C as it is so very far and I have so many plane trips that may or may not have extra charges at the airport.
Come to NZ. We have cheap flights, very few hidden taxes and a moderate climate. Also elves and hobbits 😉
Have I mentioned how much I am freaking out???????? Luckily my RA seems, seems to be responding to all the chemicals beng thrown at it and I may actually be passably functional…
Oh and finally, shave your forhead and back of your neck. I will be applying electrical hair pulling equipment before I go so I don’t grow prickles 😉 No hair where you glue means you don’t use as much glue to hold the back of the neck in place (less is wasted being gummed up around the hairs) and it is much easier to remove the piece as sweat will help separate the glue from the neck. And you will sweat. It’s why I use a bald cap regardless, it helps hold at least some of the sweat back a little longer than it would otherwise.
Also Airbrushes and non-pigmented Acrylic Ink are your best friend for shading.